Beginning with the history of agile development and moving through the disciplines promoted by Scrum, the ScrumMaster Workshop training course will give you a comprehensive understanding of the Scrum methodology while specifically reviewing the behaviors expected of a ScrumMaster. This 2–day ScrumMaster Certification training course is suitable for those practicing or looking to practice the art of the ScrumMaster, but is highly valuable for anyone involved in Scrum (Managers, Team Members, Product Managers, etc.). Even projects that have solid, well–defined project plans encounter some degree of change and waste. Shifting market conditions, budget cuts, staff restructuring, or any number of influences will disrupt the best plan while contributing to customer dissatisfaction and staff discouragement. Moreover, projects that begin with changing or unclear requirements make it difficult to even establish project expectations. Scrum is the agile development process that allows teams to deliver usable software periodically throughout the life of the project, absorbing change and new requirements as the project proceeds.
Lesson objectives help you become comfortable with the course, and also provide a means to evaluate learning. In the Certified ScrumMaster Workshop, you will learn:
• The "Art of the Possible": learn how small change can have a large impact on productivity
• Product integrity: review various options employees use when faced with difficulty, learn the importance of delivering high quality products in Scrum
• Customer Expectations: Using a changing schedule and agile estimating and planning, assess the work to properly set customer expectations and manage customer satisfaction
• Running the Scrum Project: Run a full Scrum project that lasts 59 minutes. You will walk through all steps under the Scrum Framework
• Agile Estimating and Planning: Break into teams, and through decomposition and estimating plan out a project through delivery
• Team Dynamics: Since Scrum deals with change, conflict will happen. Learn methods to resolve problems in a self-managed environment