Upon successful completion of the Strategic Leader training course, you will learn how to:
· Create ownership and responsibility to lead by considering individual performance needs.
· Improve sensitivity to a wider range of effective leadership actions.
· Learn individual tendencies in a variety of management situations.
· Learn to make the strategic decision preceding virtually every supervisory action to influence performance by emphasizing the “task” or the “people”.
· Recognize the strengths and weaknesses of your dominant style.
· Learn to flex your style appropriately to the needs of the direct report.
· Effectively use the Instruct, Relate, Coach, and Delegate styles.
· View performance situations in terms of how capable the employee is and how strongly they desire to perform well.
· Master 3 simple steps that can be applied in all performance management situations.
· Plan your use of strategic leadership back on the job.
· Integrate an employee development strategy into the use of strategic leadership styles.