In the System Operations on AWS course, you will learn how to configure, deploy, and manage operations on the AWS platform. Through live labs and hands-on exercises, you’ll build upon your existing knowledge of systems administration, cloud computing, and networking protocols such as TCP/IP or HTTP. This course focuses on common industry techniques and best practices used by AWS system administrators to help you utilize standard AWS infrastructure features such as Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC), Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2), Elastic Load Balancing (ELB), and AWS Auto Scaling from the command line.
This training helps prepare you for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Associate-level exam, alongside real-world experience, studying and more.
· Use standard AWS infrastructure features such as Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Elastic Load Balancing, and Auto Scaling from the command line
· Use AWS CloudFormation and other automation technologies to produce stacks of AWS resources that can be deployed in an automated, repeatable fashion
· Build functioning virtual private networks with Amazon VPC from the ground up using the AWS Management Console
· Deploy Amazon EC2 instances using command line calls and troubleshoot the most common problems with instances
· Monitor the health of Amazon EC2 instances and other AWS services
· Manage user identity, AWS permissions, and security in the cloud
· Manage resource consumption in an AWS account using tools such as Amazon CloudWatch, tagging, and Trusted Advisor
· Select and implement the best strategy for creating reusable Amazon EC2 instances
· Configure a set of Amazon EC2 instances that launch behind a load balancer, with the system scaling up and down in response to demand
· Edit and troubleshoot a basic AWS CloudFormation stack definition