To ensure your success in this course, you should meet the following requirements and attend the CompTIA Security+ Certification Prep Course:
· At least two years (recommended) of experience in computer network security technology or a related field.
· The ability to recognize information security vulnerabilities and threats in the context of risk management.
· Foundation-level operational skills with some of the common operating systems for computing environments.
· Foundational knowledge of the concepts and operational framework of common assurance safeguards in computing environments. Safeguards include, but are not limited to, basic authentication and authorization, resource permissions, and anti-malware mechanisms.
· Foundation-level understanding of some of the common concepts for network environments, such as routing and switching.
· Foundational knowledge of major TCP/IP networking protocols including, but not limited to, TCP, IP, UDP, DNS, HTTP, ARP, ICMP, and DHCP.
· Foundational knowledge of the concepts and operational framework of common assurance safeguards in network environments. Safeguards include, but are not limited to, firewalls, intrusion prevention systems, and VPNs.