Adobe® Photoshop® CC is a leading graphic creation application, popular among graphic designers, illustrators, and photographers. Photoshop’s numerous features work together to provide a comprehensive toolset for you, the design professional. This course delves into some of the more advanced image creation and editing techniques, and offers you hands-on activities that demonstrate how these techniques can be used in combination to create exciting visual effects.
This course covers the Visual Communication Using Adobe Photoshop CC objectives to help students prepare for the Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) exam. This course is also designed to cover the Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) exam objectives.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Use brushes, gradients, and tool presets to create raster images.
• Apply vector paths, shape drawing tools, type, and type special effects.
• Apply advanced layer techniques with masks, filters, layers, and smart objects.
• Apply actions and batch processing to automate tasks.
• Edit video by using timelines, transitions, graphics, titles, and animation.
• Set project requirements by identifying the purpose, audience, copyright rules, and project management tasks.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have experience with the following tasks:
• Identify the basic components of Adobe® Bridge and the Photoshop workspace.
• Define image size and resolution.
• Add and modify Photoshop layers.
• Use tools to select, crop, and move images.
• Work with image adjustment properties to correct and retouch photographic images.
• Open and modify an image in Adobe® Camera Raw.
• Prepare images for print and web.
To meet these prerequisites, you can take the Logical Operations course:
Adobe® Photoshop® CC Introduction
Improving a snapshot
Adjusting facial features with Liquify
Blurring a background
Creating a panorama
Filling empty areas when cropping
Correcting image distortion
Extending depth of field
Moving objects with the Content-Aware Move tool
Adjusting perspective in an image
Vector Drawing Techniques
About bitmap images and vector graphics
About paths and the Pen tool
Drawing with the Pen tool
Working with defined custom shapes
Importing a Smart Object
Adding color and depth to a shape using layer styles
Using Smart Filters
Painting a layer
Adding a background
Using the History panel to undo edits
Upscaling a low-resolution image
Painting with the Mixer Brush
About the Mixer Brush
Selecting brush settings
Creating a custom brush preset
Mixing colors with a photograph
About the Timeline panel
Creating a new video project
Animating text with keyframes
Muting unwanted audio
Working with Camera Raw
About camera raw files
Processing files in Camera Raw
Applying advanced color correction
Preparing Files for the Web
Using layer groups to create button graphics
Automating a multistep task
Designing with artboards
Producing and Printing Consistent Color
Preparing files for printing
Performing a “zoom test”
Identifying out-of-gamut colors
Adjusting an image
Converting an image to CMYK
About color management
Specifying color-management settings
Proofing an image on screen
Saving the image as a CMYK EPS file
Printing a CMYK image from Photoshop