This course provides administrators with the knowledge and skills necessary to deploy and manage Windows 10 desktops, devices, and applications in an enterprise environment. Students learn how to plan and implement Windows 10 deployments in large organizations. Students also learn how to manage the Windows 10 installations after deployment to provide secure identity and data access using technologies related to Group Policy, Remote Access, and device registration. To support a variety of device and data management solutions, Microsoft Azure Active Directory, Microsoft Intune, and Microsoft Azure Rights Management are introduced. These services are part of the Enterprise Mobility Suite, which provides identity and access management, and cloud-based device, application, and update management. In addition, Enterprise Mobility Suite offers more secure data access to information stored both in the cloud and on location within corporate networks.
Lesson objectives help students become comfortable with the course, and also provide a means to evaluate learning. Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
· Understand the challenges and solutions for desktop and device management in an enterprise environment.
· Deploy Windows 10 Enterprise desktops.
· Manage user profiles and user state virtualization.
· Manage desktop and application settings by using Group Policy.
· Manage Windows 10 sign-in and identity.
· Manage data access for Windows-based devices.
· Manage remote access solutions.
· Manage Windows 10 devices by using enterprise mobility solutions.
· Manage desktop and mobile clients by using Intune.
· Manage updates and Endpoint Protection by using Intune.
· Manage application and resource access by using Intune.
· Configure and manage client Hyper-V.
To ensure the successful completion of 20697-2 Deploying and Managing Windows 10 Using Enterprise Services we recommend at least two years of experience in the IT field and should already have the following technical knowledge:
· Networking fundamentals, including Transmission Control Protocol /Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and Domain Name System (DNS)
· Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles
· Windows Server 2012 R2 fundamentals
· Working knowledge of Windows 7 and/or Windows 8.1
We also recommend the completion of 20697-1 Installing and Configuring Windows 10
Module 1: Managing Desktops and Devices in an Enterprise Environment
· Managing Windows 10 in the Enterprise
· Managing a Mobile Workforce
· Supporting Devices in the Enterprise
· Extending IT Management and Services to the Cloud
Module 2: Deploying Windows 10 Enterprise Desktops
· Overview of Windows 10 Enterprise Deployment
· Customizing Enterprise Desktop Deployments
· Deploying Windows 10 by Using MDT
· Maintaining a Windows 10 Installation
· Volume License Activation for Windows 10
Module 3: Managing User Profiles and User State Virtualization
· Managing User Profiles and User State
· Implementing User State Virtualization by Using Group Policy
· Configuring UE-V
· Managing User State Migration
Module 4: Managing Windows 10 Sign-In and Identity
· Overview of Enterprise Identity
· Planning for Cloud Identity Integration
· Plan for cloud identity integration.
Module 5: Managing Desktop and Application Settings by Using Group Policy
· Managing Group Policy Objects
· Configuring Enterprise Desktops by Using Group Policy
· Overview of Group Policy Preferences
Module 6: Managing Data Access for Windows-based Devices
· Overview of Data Access Solutions
· Implementing Device Registration
· Implementing Work Folders
· Managing Online Data Using Cloud-Based Storage Solutions
Module 7: Managing Remote Access Solutions
· Overview of Remote Access Solutions
· Supporting DirectAccess with Windows 10
· Configuring VPN Access to Remote Networks
· Supporting RemoteApp
Module 8: Configuring and Managing Client Hyper-V
· Installing and Configuring Client Hyper-V
· Configuring Virtual Switches
· Creating and Managing Virtual Hard Disks
· Creating and Managing Virtual Machines
Module 9: Managing Windows 10 Devices Using Enterprise Mobility Solutions
· Overview of the Enterprise Mobility Suite
· Overview of Azure Active Directory Premium
· Overview of Azure RMS
· Overview of Intune
Module 10: Managing Desktop and Mobile Clients by Using Microsoft Intune
· Deploying the Intune Client Software
· Overview of Microsoft Intune Policies
· Mobile Device Management Using Intune
Module 11: Managing Updates and Endpoint Protection by Using Microsoft Intune
· Managing Updates by Using Intune
· Managing Endpoint Protection
Module 12: Application and Resource Access Using Microsoft Intune
· Application Management by Using Intune
· The Application Deployment Process
· Managing Access to Organizational Resources