Module 1: An Introduction to SharePoint 2016
· Let’s get started with SharePoint 2016 by letting you know about its fantastic selection of features. We will demonstrate popular uses of SharePoint 2016 to manage and share content, create engaging web page, automate business processes and make good business decisions.
· An Overview of SharePoint 2016
· SharePoint Versions
· Central Repository for Information
· Roles in SharePoint
· Web Content Management
· Site Visitors
· Team Collaboration
· Site Members
· Site Owners
· Security Trimming
Module 2: Navigation and Search
· SharePoint provides the ability to store vast amounts of content in a variety of locations. This module covers a set of tools which help you to efficiently locate the information you need using a combination of navigation and search.
· Navigation Components
· Searching in SharePoint 2016
· Top Link Menu
· Quick Launch Menu
· Search Criteria
· Site Contents
· People Search
Module 3: Working with Apps
· Apps are required to store information such as events, contacts and files in a site. SharePoint provides a selection of apps for different scenarios, all with the option to be customized for a specific business requirement.
· You will learn how to work with apps to create, edit, delete and share business information.
· This module also provides an essential overview of the Microsoft products which are most commonly used in conjunction with SharePoint 2016 and discusses the advantages of each program when combined with SharePoint.
· Popular List & Library Templates
· Check Out and Check In
· Add, Modify, Upload, and Delete Content Versions
· Folders and Columns
· Sort and Filter Content
· Office 2016 Integration
· Create and Manage Views
· Working with Document Sets
· Using Alerts in Apps
· Office Integration
· Integration with Microsoft Office
· Outlook 2016
· OneDrive for Business
Module 4: Creating and Editing Pages
· SharePoint boasts a rich selection of ways to build web pages. You will learn how to update the home page of your SharePoint site with text, links, images, videos and web parts. We will also show you best practices when creating multiple pages and linking them together. Creating and managing web pages is a simple, fast and rewarding way to present essential information and apps.
· SharePoint can also be used as an Intranet for internal news and information as well as a public facing website. Due to the high visibility of these web sites, it is common to place more control over the release of new web pages or updates to existing pages. For this reason, SharePoint has Publishing Sites.
· Introducing Wiki Pages
· Introducing the Publishing Site
· Adding Wiki Pages
· Create and Edit Publishing Pages
· Adding Rich Content to Wiki Pages
· Using Page Layouts
· Promoted Links
· Web Page Metadata
· Adding and Modifying Web Parts
· Site Collection Images
· Deleting Wiki Pages
Module 5: Communicating with Social Tools
· This module covers a new and evolving culture change in the way that we work with business information. Social features are an engaging way for users to collaborate. The variety of social tools available to you is overwhelming. You will learn the differences between each of these tools and when to use them.
· An Introduction to Social Tools
· Community Sites
· Updating your Profile
· Community Portal
· Blog Sites