The ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Operational Support and Analysis (OSA) Certificate is a freestanding qualification, but is also part of the ITIL Intermediate Capability stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL Expert in IT Service Management Certificate. The purpose of this training module and the associated exam and certificate is, respectively, to impart, test, and validate the knowledge on industry practices in Service Management as documented in the ITIL Service Lifecycle core publications.
The ITIL Certificate in Operational Support and Analysis is intended to enable the holders of the certificate to apply the practices in resolution and support of the Service Management Lifecycle and specifically in the following ITIL process, role and function areas:
• Event Management
• Incident Management
• Request Fulfilment
• Problem Management
• Access Management
• Service Desk
• Technical Management
• IT Operations Management
• Application Management
The target group of the ITIL Expert Qualification: Operational Support and Analysis includes but is not restricted to:
• IT professional
• Business managers
• Business process owners
• Individuals who have attained the V3 ITIL Foundation certificate in Service Management, or the V2 Foundation plus the V3 Foundation Bridge certificate and who wish to advance to higher level ITIL certifications.
• Individuals who require a deep understanding of ITIL Certificate in Operational Support and Analysis processes and how it may be used to enhance the quality of IT service support within an organisation.
• IT professionals that are working within an organisation that has adopted and adapted ITIL who need to be informed about and thereafter contribute to an ongoing service improvement programme.
• Operational staff involved in Event Management Process, Incident Management Process, Request Fulfilment Process, Problem Management Process, Access Management Process, Service Desk, Technical Management, IT Operations Management and Application Management.
Eligibility for Examination - To be eligible for the examination leading to an accredited ITIL Certificate in Operational Support and Validation, the candidate must fill the following requirements:
• At least 30 contact hours (hours of instruction, excluding breaks, and not including summary review time, with an Accredited Training Organisation (ATO) or an accredited e-learning solution) for this syllabus, as part of a formal, approved training course/scheme
• There is no minimum mandatory requirement but 2 to 4 years professional experience working in IT Service Management is highly desirable
• Hold the ITIL V3 Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management or ITIL V2 Foundation plus the bridging certificate
• It is also recommended that candidates should complete at a minimum 12 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the pertinent areas of the ITIL Service Management Practice core guidance publications and in particular, the Service Operation publication
Upon successful completion of the ITIL® Operational Support & Analysis Training (OSA) course, you will understand:
• OSA activities and their value
• OSA processes: Event, Incident, Problem and Access Management, along with Request Fulfillment
• OSA roles, responsibilities and functions including the Service Desk, Technical Management, IT Operations Management and Application Management
• Technology and implementation considerations
• Challenges, critical success factors and risks.