Behavioral interviewing is a dynamic, interactive full day course that gives you the skills to make the best hiring decisions - and avoid costly blunders. You will learn competency-based behavioral interviewing; using the accepted opinion that past and present behavior is the best forecaster of future performance. Whether you've performed 100 interviews or you are new to the interviewing world, this class will give you knowledge and tools to use immediately in your next interview. The outcome? You'll have better interviewing skills which lead to better hires and a competitive edge for your organization.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
• Use competencies to develop behavioral-based questions.
• Recognize the characteristics of, and effectively develop, behavioral-based questions.
• Explore useful techniques for reviewing resumes.
• Identify the elements to look for in candidates’ answers to behavioral-based questions.
• Follow a structured method for evaluating candidates objectively.
No Prerequisites for this course
Module 1: Identifying Competencies
· Identifying General Competencies
· Identifying Performance Criteria
· Application: Practice Identifying Your Competencies
Module 2: Developing Questions
· Effective Questions
· Developing Behavioral Questions
· Tailoring Questions to Determine Fit
· Developing Follow-Up Questions
Module 3: Reviewing Resumes
· Finding the Best Match
· Resume Review Practice
Module 4: Conducting Interviews
· Overview of the Interview
· What to Look for in the Answers
· Behavioral Interviewing Role Play
Module 5: Evaluating Candidates
· Creating a Candidate Evaluation Form
· Applying the Evaluation Form