Appraising Performance is a dynamic live, full-day course that gives you the skills to conduct performance appraisals. You will also be provided with guidelines and best practices for evaluating and improving the work performance of employees, thereby increasing quality and productivity.
• Establish performance expectations so that desired work results are achieved in accordance with the organization's values and quality standards.
• Write a performance appraisal so that it reflects an objective evaluation of the individual's work performance.
• Prepare for a performance appraisal discussion so that there are no barriers for an effective discussion.
• Conduct a performance appraisal so that mutual understanding and cooperation is achieved and a realistic development plan to improve future performance is prepared.
• Follow up on a performance appraisal so that future performance meets expectations.
To ensure your success, we recommend you first attend the following course, or have equivalent knowledge:
• Learning to Manage
Establishing Performance Expectations
• Appraise Performance
● Manage Performance
● Establish Performance Expectations
Writing a Performance Appraisal
● Avoid Common Performance Rating Errors
● Gather Appraisal Information
● Rate Performance
● Ensure Legal Compliance
Preparing for the Appraisal Discussion
● Prepare the Individual
● Arrange the Logistics
● Prepare Yourself
Conducting the Performance Appraisal Discussion
● Discuss Your Ratings and Comments
● Resolve Performance Problems
● Cope with Discussion Difficulties
● Plan for the Future
● Evaluate the Effectiveness of the Appraisal Discussion
● Communicate Frequently
● Provide Ongoing Feedback and Coaching