This two day class is designed for information workers or power users who serve as SharePoint Site Owners or Site Collection Administrators. Students should take this course if they need to know how to manage the team collaboration, document management and social features of Microsoft SharePoint 2013. This class is an excellent prerequisite for IT Professionals who work as SharePoint Server Administrators attending 20331: Core So lutions of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013. This class can be delivered using Site Collections on an in-house server, virtual machines or Office 365.
Lesson objectives help students become comfortable with the course, and also provide a means to evaluate learning. Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
• Manage Sites and Site Collections
• Add users and groups and manage site, list, folder and item security
• Add and configure web parts
• Configure site options including theme, title, description and icon
• Configure site navigation
• View site activity reports
• Customize lists and libraries
• Work with Site Columns and Site Content Types
• Configure Check out/in, Content Approval and Versioning
• Create and modify pages and web part pages
To ensure the successful completion of this course, attendees should have strong SharePoint 2010 or 2013 end user skills or have attended “Introduction to SharePoint 2013 for Collaboration and Document Management” or similar.
Module 1: The Role of the Site Owner
This module provides an introduction to the topics covered in the class, introduces SharePoint terminology and gets a start in navigation.
· What is SharePoint?
· - Team Collaboration
· - Document Management
· - Social Features
· SharePoint Administrative Roles
· - Site Owner
· - Site Collection Administrator
· - Server Administrator
· SharePoint Administration Options by Role
Module 2: Users, Groups and Permissions
This module covers the management of SharePoint users and user security.
· SharePoint Security Best Practices
· Users and Groups
· Adding Users and Groups
· Adding Site Collection Administrators
· Permissions and Permission Levels
· Creating Custom Permission Levels
· Configuring List and Library Permissions
· Working with Audiences and Content Filtering
· Managing User Alerts
Lab : Users, Groups and Permissions
· Add new users to a site
· Create a permission level for Add, Edit, but not Delete
· Create a new group for the site
· Create a new group for granular permissions
· Create a subsite with unique permissions
· Set unique permissions on a library and a folder
Module 3: Site and Site Collection Features
This module covers the use of SharePoint Features to add and remove functionality.
· What is a Feature?
· Activating and Deactivating Features
· Commonly Used Features
Lab : Site and Site Collection Features
· Add a Site Notebook to a Team Site.
Module 4: Managing Sites and Pages
This module covers the creation and management of SharePoint sites and pages.
· Creating Subsites
· Site Templates
· Site Lifecycle and Site Deletion
· Configuring the Look and Feel of a Site
· Configuring Navigation Options
· Language Settings
· Adding and Managing Pages
· Working with Web Part Pages
· Frequently Used Web Parts
Lab : Managing Sites and Pages
· Managing Sites and Pages
· Create a page about an event.
· Create a web part page and work with web parts.
Module 5: Working with Lists and Libraries
This module covers the use of SharePoint lists and libraries.
· SharePoint Lists and List Features
· Document Libraries
· Libraries vs. Lists with Attachments
· Adding Columns to Lists and Libraries
· Column and Item Validation
· Enterprise Metadata and Keywords Settings
· Creating List and Library Views
· Working with Office Web Apps
· Organizing Content Using Folders and Metadata
· Picture, Asset and Other Libraries
· Working with the Recycle Bin
· Configuring RSS Feeds
· Configuring Incoming Email
· About Tags and Notes and Ratings
Lab : Working with Lists and Libraries
· Customizing lists and libraries
· Open, edit and manage documents in Microsoft Office applications and Office Web Apps.
· Delete documents and recover them from the Recycle Bins.
· Configure and work with document versioning.
· Create metadata grouped views.
· Create a custom Calendar view on a library.
Module 6: Document Management
This module explores the document management features of libraries.
· Information Management Policy Settings
· Auditing List and Document Activity
· Working with Site Columns and Content Types
· Built-in Content Types
· Managing Business Content Using Content Types
· Using Document Sets
· Using the Content Organizer
· An Overview of Records Management
Lab : Document Management
· Create a Content Type for Purchase Orders
· Add Content Types to a library
· Configure Document Sets
· Editing and managing documents in a library
Module 7: SharePoint Workflows
This module provides an overview of the SharePoint 2013 workflow features.
· SharePoint Workflows
· Out of the Box Workflow Demo
Lab : SharePoint Workflows
· Configuring an Approval Workflow
Module 8: Monitoring SharePoint Activity
This module covers the use of SharePoint activity reports.
· Usage Reports
· Search Reports
Module 9: SharePoint Apps (Optional)
This module provides explores SharePoint 2013 Apps.
· What is an App?
· Working with Built-in Apps
· The SharePoint App Store
· The Corporate App Store
· Request an App
Lab : SharePoint Apps (Optional)
· Browse the SharePoint App Store and download a free app. (Optional)
Module 10: The SharePoint Community Site (Optional)
This module covers the use of the SharePoint 2013 Community Site.
· Building online communities using SharePoint
· Discussion and Moderation
· Rating discussions and earning points
Lab : The SharePoint Community Site (Optional)
· Hands-on practice is delivered as part of the instructor’s presentation. The students will use the features of the module in an instructor led collaboration experience.