This three-day instructor-led course teaches students how to implement a SQL Server 2016 Reporting Services solution for data analysis in an organization. The course discusses how to use the Reporting Services development tools to create and manage reports and implement self-service BI solutions.
Lesson objectives help students become comfortable with the course, and also provide a means to evaluate learning. Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
• Describe key features of data modelling within business intelligence
• Describe various report services data sources and how these are configured
• Create reports with report designer and/or report designer
• Configure reports with report designer and/or report builder
• Create SQL Server mobile reports
To ensure successful completion of this course, we recommend the following:
• 20761A – Querying Data with Transact-SQL
Module 1: Introduction to Business Intelligence and Data Modelling
• In this module students will be introduced to the key concepts in business intelligence, and the Microsoft BI product suite.
• Introduction to business intelligence
• The Microsoft business intelligence platform
• Introduction to reporting services
• Lab : Exploring an enterprise BI solution
Module 2: Reporting Services Data
• Describe various Report Services data sources and how these are configured.
• Data connections
• Connection strings
• Filters and parameters
• Lab : Configuring a data connection
Module 3: Implementing reports
• Create reports with report designer or report builder.
• Creating a report with the report wizard
• Creating a report
• Showing data graphically
• Lab : Creating a report
Module 4: Creating a Map Report
• This module describes how to configure reports with report builder or report designer.
• Implementing filters and parameters
• Implementing sorting and grouping
• Publishing a report
• Lab : Creating a map report
Module 5: Creating Mobile Reports
• This module describes how to create SQL Server mobile reports.
• Overview of SQL Server mobile reports
• Preparing data for mobile reports
• Mobile report publisher
• Lab : Mobile reports