This course is designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills required to install and configure Windows 10 desktops and devices in a Windows Server domain corporate environment. These skills include learning how to install and customize Windows 10 operating systems and apps, and configure local and remote network connectivity and storage. Students will also learn how to configure data security, device security, and network security, and maintain, update, and recover Windows 10.
Lesson objectives help students become comfortable with the course, and also provide a means to evaluate learning. Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
· Understand the processes involved in planning and using a troubleshooting methodology for Windows 10.
· Troubleshoot startup issues and operating system services on a Windows 10 PC.
· Resolve issues related to hardware devices and device drivers.
· Troubleshoot Windows 10 PCs remotely.
· Troubleshoot issues related to network connectivity.
· Troubleshoot client configuration failures and GPO application issues.
· Troubleshoot issues related to user settings.
· Troubleshoot remote connectivity issues.
· Resolve issues related to accessing resources from computers that are domain-joined.
· Resolve issues related to accessing resources from computers that are not domain-joined.
· Troubleshoot issues related to application installation and operation.
· Recover a PC running Windows 10.
To ensure the successful completion of 10982-Supporting and Troubleshooting Windows 10, we recommend the knowledge of:
· Networking fundamentals, including Transmission Control Protocol /Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and Domain Name System (DNS)
· Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles
· Understanding of the Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) components
· Windows Server 2012 R2 fundamentals
· Microsoft Windows Client essentials; for example, experience with Windows 10 or knowledge from the courses 20697-1 and 20697-2
Module 1: Implementing a Troubleshooting Methodology
• Overview of Windows 10
•Introduction to the EDST Job Role
•Overview of the Troubleshooting Steps
Lab: Implementing a Troubleshooting Methodology
•Implementing a Troubleshooting Methodology
Module 2: Troubleshooting Startup Issues
•Overview of the Windows 10 Startup Recovery Environment
•Troubleshooting Startup Settings
•Troubleshooting Operating System Services Issues
•Recovering BitLocker-Protected Drives
Module 3: Troubleshooting Hardware and Device Drivers
•Troubleshooting Device Driver Failures
•Overview of Hardware Troubleshooting
•Troubleshooting Physical Failures
•Configuring the Registry
Module 4: Troubleshooting Remote Computers
•Using Remote Desktop
•Using Remote Assistance
•Remoting with Windows PowerShell
Module 5: Resolving Network Connectivity Issues
•Determining Network Settings
•Troubleshooting Network Connectivity Issues
•Troubleshooting Name Resolution
Module 6: Troubleshooting Group Policy
•Overview of Group Policy Application
•Resolving Client Configuration Failures and GPO Application Issues
Module 7: Troubleshooting User Settings
•Troubleshooting Sign In Issues
•Troubleshooting the Application of User Settings
Module 8: Troubleshooting Remote Connectivity
•Troubleshooting VPN Connectivity Issues
Module 9: Troubleshooting Resource Access Within a Domain
•Troubleshooting File Permissions Issues
•Recovering Files Encrypted by EFS
•Troubleshooting Printer Access Issues
Module 10: Troubleshooting Resource Access for Non Domain Member Clients
•Configuring and Troubleshooting Device Registration
•Configuring and Troubleshooting Work Folders
•Configuring and Troubleshooting OneDrive Access
Module 11: Troubleshooting Applications
•Troubleshooting Desktop App Installation Issues
•Troubleshooting Desktop Apps
•Managing Windows Store Apps
•Troubleshooting Access to Company Web Applications
Module 12: Maintaining Windows 10
•Managing and Troubleshooting Windows Activation
•Monitoring and Troubleshooting Performance
•Applying Applications and Windows Updates
Module 13: Recovering Data and Operating System
•File Recovery in Windows 10
•Recovering an OS