Building on the Designing for Cisco Internetwork Solutions (DESGN) v2.0 course, the students will learn additional aspects of modular campus and edge network design, including high availability, security, quality of service (QoS), network management, data center, and IP multicast. In addition, the students will be able to design solutions for the network that are strategic to small, medium, and large enterprises, including virtual private networking, wireless, and IP telephony. The course covers issues and considerations for fundamental infrastructure services, including security, network management, QoS, high availability, and bandwidth use optimization through IP multicasting, and also design models for network solutions such as voice networking and application networking. The course focuses on design concepts based on the new Cisco SONA Architecture, emphasizing that Cisco delivers integrated and embedded services.
Lesson objectives help students become comfortable with the course, and also provide a means to evaluate learning. Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
· Describe how the Cisco Enterprise Network model is used in the SONA framework for designing enterprise networks.
· Create conceptual, intermediate, and detailed enterprise campus network, and enterprise edge and remote infrastructure designs that offer effective functionality, performance, scalability, and availability.
· Create conceptual, intermediate, and detailed intelligent network service designs for network management, high availability, security, QoS, and IP multicast.
· Create conceptual, intermediate, and detailed virtual private network designs.
· Create conceptual, intermediate, and detailed voice over wireless network designs.
To ensure successful completion of this course, we recommend the following:
· The recommended courses for CCNA are Introduction to Cisco Networking Technologies (INTRO) and Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices (ICND)
· The recommended courses for CCDA is Designing Cisco Internetwork Solutions (DESGN)
· The recommended courses for BSCI is Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks (BSCI)
· The recommended courses for BCMSN is Building Cisco Multilayer Switched Networks (BCMSN)
· Learners should complete the following courses or must have equivalent experience:
· Implementing Secure Converged WANs (ISCW)
Module 1: Reviewing the Cisco Network Service Architectures
Module 2: Designing the Enterprise Campus Infrastructure
Module 3: Designing Advanced Addressing and Routing
Module 4: Designing Advanced WAN
Module 5: Designing the Enterprise Data Center
Module 6: Design Considerations for SAN
Module 7: Design Considerations for Application Network Services
Module 8: Design Considerations for E-Commerce Module
Module 9: Designing Security Services
Module 10: Designing IPsec VPNs
Module 11: Designing QoS
Module 12: Designing IP Multicast Services
Module 13: Designing IP Telephony and Video Solutions
Module 14: Designing Enterprise Wireless Networks for Voice
Module 15: Designing Network Management Services