Level 1 is designed to familiarize you with the basic features and functions of Microsoft Project Professional 2013 so that you can use it effectively and efficiently in a real-world environment. This course covers the critical knowledge and skills a project manager needs to create a project plan with Project 2013 during the planning phase of a project. In other words, if your supervisor assigns you to lead a project, this course will enable you to draft a project plan with Project 2013 and share it with your supervisor (and others) for review and approval.
Level 2 covers the advanced knowledge and skills a project manager needs to update a project plan in Project 2013 during the execution, monitoring, and controlling phases of a project. In other words, once your project plan is approved by the project sponsor, this course will enable you to manage the project so that it is completed on time, within budget, and according to scope. Each lesson in this course is built around the executing, monitoring, and controlling tasks that can be accomplished using the advanced commands found on one of these Project 2013 tabs: PROJECT, TASK, VIEW, or REPORT. This will enable you to become a "power user" and leverage the full potential of the application.
· Understand the discipline of project management as it applies to using Microsoft Project 2013.
· Create a Work Breakdown Structure.
· Identify Task Types & Relationships.
· Define Resources within Project.
· Make Work Package Estimates.
· Create an Initial Schedule.
· Create a Resource Leveled Schedule.
· Create Projects from templates, Excel files.
· Create Global templates.
· Create formulas and graphical indicators.
· The steps to record a macro.
· Format Output and Print Reports.
· Integrate Multiple Projects.
· Set up a Project with a Calendar, Start date, and scheduling method.
· Understand Manually Schedule vs. Auto Schedule.
· Manage multiple projects.
· Be able to create a master project list with shared resources.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Lesson 1: Starting a Project
Topic A: Project Management 101
Topic B: Navigate and Customize the Project 2010/2013 Interface
Topic C: Add Tasks to a Project
Topic D: Add Resources to a Project
Topic E: Save a Project
Lesson 2: Working with Project Calendars
Topic A: Manage Project Time Frames
Topic B: Change Working Time
Lesson 3: Working with Project Tasks
Topic A: Manage Project Tasks
Topic B: Add Summary Tasks and Milestones
Lesson 4: Working with Project Resources
Topic A: Manage Project Resources
Topic B: Allocate and Level Work Resources
Lesson 5: Delivering a Project Plan
Topic A: Print Project Views
Topic B: Share Projects
Topic C: Export Projects
Lesson 1: Managing the Project Environment
Topic A: Link Projects
Topic B: Baseline a Project
Topic C: Work with Custom Fields
Topic D: Change Project Options
Topic E: Extend Project with Apps
Lesson 2: Managing Task Structures
Topic A: Change a Task List
Topic B: Create a Network Diagram
Topic C: Manage the Critical Path
Topic D: Use Lag and Lead
Topic E: Analyze Earned Value
Lesson 3: Generating Project Views
Topic A: Use View Commands
Topic B: Use Existing Views
Topic C: Create Custom Views
Topic D: Format and Share the Timeline View
Lesson 4: Producing Project Reports
Topic A: Use Existing Reports
Topic B: Create Custom Reports
Topic C: Export Visual Reports